- 13-Feb-2013 to 19-Feb-2013 (EST)
- E3, EPDM
- Oakville, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Job title: Electrical Applications Expert (Engineer)
Type: Full Time
Location: Oakville, ON
Javelin Technologies Inc. has been a provider of technology solutions since 1997. We are experts in 3D design and have helped thousands of companies with solutions for mechanical design, electrical design and rapid prototyping. Large or small, we have the skills and experience to propel organizations to new heights.
Javelin Technologies is an entrepreneurial, dynamic, fun place to be a part of where you will share your creativity while being a key contributor to our growth. We offer to successful candidates a competitive salary and benefits program including a great working environment. . If the role of Electrical Applications Expert with our Oakville team excites you, we encourage you to apply.
Working with Canada's leading solution provider of 3D Design Technology, the incumbent will have flexibility and opportunity to gain invaluable experience to grow their career, be an active member of the Tech Services Team and help the business grow to the next level. General duties are to provide E3.WireWorks and E3.Series (E3) technical support, training and services.
The ideal candidate is an individual who is well spoken, is a fast learner, has a lot of energy and is an excellent multi-tasker. S/he will be able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision. S/he must be well organized, resourceful, accept and maintain ownership over action items.
- Provide comprehensive technical support and explicit instructions for E3 products
- Train customers on E3 products one on one or in a training class environment with up to 12 students at a time
- Travel to customer sites (10 – 20% of the time) to provide onsite support and training (occasional weekend and evening travel estimated less than 5% of the time)
- Liaise with customers and in-house staff and partners regarding technical information as related to E3 products
- Write technical articles, record screen capture video of software processes for publishing to the organizations technical blog
- Compose and deliver a technical presentations for E
- Research electrical engineering trends and communicate with customers and prospects industry best practices through newsletters and blog postings
- Assist with E3 marketing material creation and hosting of E3 marketing events
- Examine and interpret VB scripting and make minor modifications
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Minimum of a 3 year Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma required, Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) Degree preferred
- Excellent knowledge of electrical CAD required
- Excellent customer relations ability required
- Must have strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Well versed with Microsoft Windows 7 interface and functionality, and familiar with Windows XP
- Experience with SolidWorks and Peripheral Products such as: Enterprise PDM, and/or 3DVIA Composer is a valuable asset
- Strong aptitude for Microsoft Office Suite 2003 &/or 2007 (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint is an asset)
- Capable of computer networking and troubleshooting
- Experience with computer programming is a valuable asset (VB or VB.NET preferred)
- Industry experience is a valuable asset (Hydro, Automation, Panel, Cabling and Harnesses, Avionics, etc.)
- A creditable and lively presenter with a professional demeanour
- Must have a reliable means of transportation and a Valid Driver's license, possible travel around major Canadian cities
- Must be capable of briefly lifting up to 65 lbs. (mobile laptop cases consisting of 4 laptops and Peripherals)
Please note that this is not open opportunity at this time.
If you are interested in potential future opportunities at Javelin, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on Apply Now.
We thank all that apply but wish to inform, only qualified candidates will be contacted