- 24-Oct-2013 to 17-Jun-2014 (EST)
- Demonstration Group
- Edmonton, AB, CAN
- Full Time
Javelin Technologies Inc. has been a provider of technology solutions since 1997. We are experts in 3D design and have helped thousands of companies with solutions for mechanical design, electrical design and rapid prototyping. Large or small, we have the skills and experience to propel organizations to new heights.
Javelin Technologies is an entrepreneurial, dynamic, fun place to be a part of where you will share your creativity while being a key contributor to our growth. We offer to successful candidates a competitive salary and benefits program including a great working environment. If the role of Pre-Sales Application Engineer with our Edmonton team excites you, we encourage you to apply.
An individual who is well spoken, a fast learner, has a lot of energy and is able to project his/her energy onto others. Able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision. Innate problem solver, resourceful, with the ability to multi-task and be patient with customers. Ability to function in a team atmosphere, appreciates aggressive goals, and has superior organizational / time management skills and a make-it-happen attitude.
- Work collaboratively with Account Managers to provide comprehensive Pre-Sales Technical Support for all SolidWorks products
- Create engaging presentation using available software tools
- Deliver product demonstrations to customers and prospects
- Conduct warm calls to prospects
- Answer technical questions related to SolidWorks products from prospects and clients
- Provide occasional help desk support and training to customers on SolidWorks and associated products.
- Liaise with customers, Javelin staff, and partners regarding technical information as related to SolidWorks
- Develop innovative solutions related to SolidWorks products
- Attend industry tradeshows
- Host marketing events as technical expert
- Create, narrate and write news article/blog entries
- Identify opportunities for up selling and future business for Javelin
- Record and document process in CRM system
- Travel regularly to customer sites
- Develop SolidWorks marketing videos utilizing Javelin's media room
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Solid knowledge of the MCAD industry
- BS or college diploma in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering
- 2 to 3 years' industry experience and/or design/project experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- CAD and/or solid modeling experience and design work experience required
- Ability to function in a team atmosphere
- A "make-it-happen" attitude and appreciation of aggressive sales goals
- Superior organizational / time management skills
- Must be willing to travel 50%-75% of the time, most travel is within a day's drive of the Edmonton area , but travel to other Javelin offices will occasionally be required
- Must have a reliable means of transportation
- 2-3 years of SolidWorks experience
- High end Solid Modeling experience with other products an asset (ACAD, Pro/E, Inventor, SolidEdge)
- Ability to apply advanced CAD concepts such as 2D, 3D, Translators, and Solution Partners
- Knowledge of the Mechanical Design Automation / CAE / MCAD market is very strongly preferred
- Well versed in Microsoft Windows (Win7 experience is a plus) and MS/Office products
- Any experience with downstream applications (FEA, PDM.) is a plus
- Understands Engineering processes and terms
- Understands Solid Modeling processes and CAD terminology
- Any industry experience is a plus (e.g. Product design, Tooling design, Mold Design, Industrial design)
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Communicates well - speaks clearly and concisely. Able to establish eye contact and engage the prospect
- Listens well and relates critical business issues to software solutions
- Not afraid to be in front of large audience
- Ability to keep audiences engaged by involving them
- Presents him/herself well visually
- Credible - Comes across as knowing what he/she is talking about
Please apply A.S.A.P., applications will be processed as they are received. Applications will only be accpeted via the online system.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Referrals: Kindly indicate who you were referred by in the application process
We thank all that apply but wish to inform, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings